At least here in the Northern hemisphere, it’s the thick of race season. And race season is always a blur. We’ve been at the track nearly every weekend running RaceHero in private and public tests across North America. Our live timing and results app was run at the Toronto IndyCar weekend, SCCA June Sprints and Pirelli World Challenge in Sonoma plus dozens of club races and kart showdowns like NASA NorCal at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca and Championship Enduro Series at Blackhawk Farms plus a 4-Hour Enduro.
Just like battle on track helps sharpen racecraft, live testing with flaky Internet connections, busy timing and scoring chiefs and racers with weak transponders have helped us improve our relay software. We’re excited to announce a significant upgrade and the immediate availability of version 2.13.1. The latest update brings the following benefits:
- Finds all MyLaps Orbits timing computers on the local network and presents a list with name and IP address for easy selection
- Automatically reconnects to Orbits if the timing computer is restarted or the connection is lost
- Newly redesigned “Live Event” screen helps you stream your event to the world in just two fast steps
- Still runs 100% hands-free once connected: identifies runs as they start, the type (practice, qual or race) and automatically uploads provisional results when each run ends.
- Added highly visible notifications if connections are lost plus system tray bubbles when the application is minimized
- RaceHero asks for the venue you’re racing at so we can compare results from weekend to weekend. We improved this selection and matching process.
- Ran successful tests against latest MyLaps X2 Decoders and Orbits 5
- Download size reduced 25% and packaged with a proper installer to create a desktop shortcut and Start Menu icon.
It’s the new late summer hotness! Download it now and start streaming your next race live to the pits and the world with RaceHero!
Download RaceHero Relay v2.13.1 for Timing & Scoring Operators
Racers, ask your race director or timing chief to download our relay so you can use RaceHero at your next race!